Dr. Vassilis Gerodimos
Professor - Department of Physical Education and Sport Science, University of Thessaly
Vassilis Gerodimos is professor of Training & Physical Conditioning in the Department of Physical Education and Sport Science at the University of Thessaly, Greece.
He received his BSc in Sports Science (1994) and his PhD in Physical Performance and Health (2002) from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.He has worked (1999-2003) as a part time lecturer in the Department of Physical Education and Sports Science at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki teaching courses related to Training and Coaching.
Since 2003, Dr. Gerodimos is a faculty member at the Department of Physical Education and Sports Science at the University of Thessaly teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses related to physical conditioning and evaluation in health and sports.
He has published 11 books-chapters in books and more than 74 peer reviewed papers in International and Greek journals, and has presented more than 120 papers in international conferences in the areas of physical conditioning, team sports, evaluation and health.
His work has been internationally recognized and has been cited by more than 1.300 other authors. He serves as a reviewer for several journals in the sports science field. As a principal investigator he has secured more than 1.000.000€, the last four years, from 8 research grants. He has also participated in more than 17 research grants.
His research interests include muscular adaptations to exercise, exercise testing and prescription in health and sports, vibration training, isometric and isokinetic evaluation.
He is also an experienced coach of physical conditioning in basketball, and he has worked in many elite basketball teams in Greece and Poland.
- Workplace exercise and wellness programs.
- Exercise Testing and Prescription for promotion of health.
- Muscular Adaptation to Exercise.
- Physical Conditioning and Evaluation in Sports.
- Vibration Training.
- Isokinetic Evaluation.
- Isometric Evaluation.
- Karatrantou, K.,Gerodimos, V., et al. (2020). "Health-promoting effects of a concurrent workplace training program in sedentary workers (HealPWorkers): a randomized controlled study". Am J Health Prom, 34: 376-386.
- Karatrantou K, Stavrou V, ......Gerodimos V (2020). "An enjoyable school-based swimming training program improves students aquaticity." Acta Paediatr, 109: 166-174.
- Karatrantou K., Gerodimos V., et al. (2019). "Can sport-specific training affect vertical jumping ability during puberty?" Biol Sport, 36:217-224.